The Healing Kitchen
"The Cure is in Your Cupboard!"
The Healing Kitchen is a place where healing begins. It's where the "Cure is in the Cupboard" and Food is used as medicine.
In our family, the kitchen has always been the center of our home. It's where we play card games, discuss world issues, learn about relationship building, and prepare and enjoy good food.
It's the most trafficked room in our house. We share intimate conversation, resolve conflicts, and experience educational moments. Most importantly, it offers my family a place to come to heal and re energize.
The Healing Kitchen is where I use Food for Regaining and Maintaining Good Health!
A kitchen that accomplishes all these things is naturally a healing place to be. It attracts people to it and creates harmony and balance to those working in it. It is inviting, peaceful and soothing and so it should be, after all, it’s the place where you prepare food: food your body needs to sustain and maintain its present level of health and if necessary, heal itself.
The philosophy of The Healing Kitchen stresses that all aspects of healing and good health need to body, mind and spirit. If one of these components is left out, it will be harder to attain maximum wellness. The Healing Kitchen creates an environment that bathes each aspect with soothing, healing energy, from the colours that surround you, and the ease with which you access your cooking utensils to the visual, olfactory and gastronomic pleasure of the food you create. Everything should be in harmony.
What You'll Find in The Healing Kitchen Website:
Healthy Lists of Food for Specific Conditions
Building Healthy Kids
Optimizing Babies Health
Recipes for Natural Body Care Products
Free Reports on Top Ten Food Items
Downloadable courses for learning how to mix and match foods for healthier and tastier dishes.
How-to-Guides for Creating Your Own Healing Kitchen
Information on finding the Cure in Your Cupboard!
Products I've tried, tested and reviewed
As I love playing with and researching about food, you'll find regular additions to this site.
If you want to know more about a certain food or how to use food for certain conditions, let me know through one of the forms I've added throughout the website.
- Foods to Prevent Cancer
- From congees to ginger tea here are links and resources to foods to prevent cancer.
- Chart of Anti-Inflammation Foods
- Chart listing anti inflammation fruits, vegetables, protein and carbohydrates.
- Food Allergy Relief:Information to Keep you Safe and Healthy!
- Food Allergy Relief. Need help navigating labels? Don't know what to eat? We can help!
- Boost Your Immune System with Top Ten Foods
- Immune System Boosting Foods: "Top Ten Report" on foods that stimulate immunity to fight disease.
- Free Chart of Herbs and Spices as Medicines and Food.
- Free chart of culinary and medicinal herbs outlining how to use them for medicine and cooking.
- Foods for Better Sex!
- Get playful in your healing kitchen! Find out the foods for better sex!
- Avoiding Food Allergies in Babies
- Learn how your baby can avoid developing food allergies. From recipes to the best first foods, find answers here and a free ebook.
- Kids and Healthy Eating
- Kids and Healthy Eating, Improve Academic and Athletic Performance, Healthy Snacks Recipes, and more
- Simple Home Remedies from your Kitchen Cupboard
- Five simple home remedies for lowering cholesterol, balancing blood sugar and even faster healing of cuts and bruises.
- Natural Body Care
- Make your own natural body care products in your healing kitchen. Simple recipes to make natural, organic and inexpensive skin care products.
- Cooking Cheap and Healthy
- Food prices keep going up and it gets tempting to sacrifice quality to save money. Cooking cheap and healthy is possible!
- Reading Food Labels: Becoming a Label Detective!
- Reading Food Labels can be challenging when you are trying to avoid certain foods.
- Must Have Kitchen Utensils and Equipment
- What are the must have kitchen utensils and equipment?
- Cookbook Reviews
- Find cookbook reviews that can help you pick the perfect cookbook.
- Kitchen Chick Blog
- Keep up to date with the latest and best the Kitchen Chick has to offer from her Healing Kitchen.
- Contact Us
- Questions, Comments, Suggestions? Contact Us.
- Pinenut and Cherry Tomato Curry
- This dish is rich in protein and not just from the pinenuts. Portobello mushrooms are a good source of protein!
The Healing Kitchen's Healthiest Foods
What foods pack the most nutritional punch?
Which ones give you the biggest bang for your buck?
The following foods are heavy weights in the world of healing foods. They contain high levels of disease fighting phytonutrients, taste delicious and enhance any meal!
A few of these foods have impressive pedigrees and belong to a food family with other highly impressive members.
Top Food FamiliesBrassicasAlliumHerbs and Spices
Want to know more about Healing Foods?
simple, delicious recipes?
Need more healthy lists of food?
Sign up for our free newsletter, Healthy Living.
In it you'll find Health and Beauty Tips, Recipes, the latest in nutritional medicine, Top Ten Reports and more.
|Healing News Newsletter Only the Good Stuff!|